Sunday products are carefully formulated to be safe and effective when applied to growing grass under most conditions. However there are some guidelines that should be followed to ensure that you do not risk any fertilizer burn to your grass. This is especially important during summer or whenever hot and/or dry conditions exist.
- Apply sunday products when temperatures are below 86F.
- Apply sunday in early morning or evening after the heat of the day has subsided.
- If your lawn is dry, apply a healthy watering several hours before applying sunday.
- During high heat conditions water your lawn again 1 day after applying sunday nutrients.
- Follow directions closely and do not overapply.
- Never apply sunday nutrients if you lawn is in a dormant state.
- If you use other fertilizer products space out applications several weeks.
If you do believe you have experience fertilizer burn follow the following steps.
(Fertilizer burn can look similar to a dormant or dry lawn with brown grass blade tips in areas of your lawn.)
- Apply a healthy watering to your entire lawn area immediately. This will effectively put a stop to it.
- Don’t panic! - Most likely if there is any burn it is only on the grass blades themselves. Grass is highly resilient and new green blades will replace the damaged blades in 2-4 weeks (depending on your grass season.)
- Evaluate what could have caused the burn, and adjust your applications accordingly.